After his undergraduate and master degrees in National Taiwan University, Dr Tai-De Li studied the viscoelasticity of nano-confined liquids as his PhD thesis in Georgia Tech Physics and mechanobiochemical systems, such as actin networks and thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts, in his postdoc in UC Berkeley. Shortly after his postdoc, he joined ASRC of CUNY as a research assistant professor and facility manager in 2015.
Dr. Tai-De Li’s research is focused on the interface of mechanics and biochemistry in biological systems, such as cytoskeleton actin networks and thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts. With the expertise on surface sciences, Dr. Li is also studying the electric and elastic properties of 2-D semi-conductor thin films, which is the essential knowledge for next generation electronic devices at nano-meter scale. These researches are based on both local and global cross-disciplinary collaborations in physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering.
- P. Bieling*, T.-D. Li*, J. Weichsel, R. McGorty, P. Jreij, B. Huang, D. A. Fletcher†, and R. D. Mullins†, Force feedback controls motor activity and mechanical properties of self-assembling branched actin networks, Cell, 2016, 164, 115
- T.-D. Li, H.-C. Chiu, D. Ortiz-Young, and E. Riedo, Nanorheology by atomic force microscopy, Rev. of Sci. Instrum., 2014, 85, 123707
- C. H. Clausen, M. D. Brooks, T.-D. Li, P. Grob, G. Kemalyan, E. Nogales, K. K. Niyogi, and D. A. Fletcher, Dynamic mechanical responses of Arabidopsis thylakoid membranes during PSII-specific illumination, Biophysical Journal, 2014, 106, 1864-1870
- W. A. Lam, O. Chaudhuri, A. Crow, K. D. Webster, T.-D. Li, A. Kita, J. Huang, and D. A. Fletcher, Mechanics and contraction dynamics of single platelets and implications for clot stiffening, Nature Materials, 2011, 10, 61-66
- T.-D. Li and E. Riedo, Nonlinear viscoelastic dynamics of nano-confined wetting liquids, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2008, 100, 106102
- 2015 - Current : Surface Science Facility Manager, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center
- 2015 - 2015 : Research Scientist, Georgia Institute of Technology, GA
- 2011 - 2014 : Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, CA
- 2009 - 2011 : Post-Doctoral Research Associate, UC Berkeley, CA
- 2003 - 2008 : PhD Candidate, Georgia Institute of Technology, GA