Research in the Vuong group is centered on photo-induced magnetic responses, photo-catalysis, optical-vortex pattern formation, and photo-induced self-assembly. In particular, the complex photo-induced energetics of nanofluids are of interest. This research aids the design and development of next-generation solar cells, organic electronics, and energy-harvesting technologies, and is moreover applicable to the "bottom-up" synthesis of nanomaterials.
- J.L. Dominguez-Juarez, S. Vallone, M. Moocarme, A. Lempel, N.D.Singh, C.J Zhang, H. D. Gafney, and L. T. Vuong, Influence of Solvent Polarity on White-Light-Induced Heat Cycles in Nanofluids, , 2014, Under Review,
- M. Moocarme, J.L. Dominguez-Juarez, and L.T. Vuong, Ultralow-intensity Magneto-optical Effects in Metal Nanocolloids, Nano Letters, 2014, 14, 1178-1183
- N.D. Singh, M. Moocarme, N. Punnoose, B. Edelstein, and L.T. Vuong, Anomalously-large Photo-induced Magnetic Response of Metallic Nanocolloids in Aqueous Solution using a Solar Simulator, Optics Express, 2012, 20, 19214-19225
- M. Kang, J. Chen, B. Gu, Y. Li, L.T. Vuong, and H.-T. Wang, Spatial Splitting of Spin States in Subwavelength Metallic Microstructures via Partial Conversion of Spin-to-orbital Angular Momentum, Phys. Rev. A, 2012, 85, 035801-035805.
- L.T. Vuong, J.M. Brok, A.J.L. Adam, P.C.M. Planken, and H.P. Urbach, Electromagnetic Spin-orbit Interactions via Scattering of Subwavelength Apertures, Phys. Rev. Lett, 2010, 104, 083903-083906
- 2010 - Current : Assistant Professor of Physics, Queens College
- 2008 - 2010 : Postdoctoral Research Associate, ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences, ES
- 2007 - 2008 : Fulbright Researcher, Delft University of Technology, NL
- 2002 - 2008 : PhD, Cornell University