Ankit obtained his B.Tech degree in Bio-technology from SASTRA University, Tamil Nadu (India). In 2011, he joined Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research as a Ph.D. student under Prof. Subi J. George. His research work focused on dynamic charge transfer aggregates and temporal control of their self-assembly. He has also worked on clay-chromophore conjugates and their pertinent photo-chemistry. Currently, he is working with Prof. Rein Ulijn as a postdoctoral research associate at ASRC, CUNY. His work mainly focuses on development of dynamic peptide libraries towards answering questions pertaining to chemical origin of life.
Chemical origin of life, Peptide chemistry, Chrage transfer complexes, Amphiphilic assemblies, Non-equillibrium aggregates, Photochemistry, Clay hybrids.
- S. Dhiman, A. Jain and S. J. George, Transient Helicity: Fuel-Driven Temporal Control over Conformational Switching in a Supramolecular Polymer, Angew. Chem., 2016, doi:10.1002/anie.201610946,
- A. Jain and S. J. George, Supramolecular electronics: Meshing organic nanowires, Nat. Nano., 2016, doi:10.1038/nnano.2016.136,
- A. Jain, A. Achari, M. Eswaramoorthy and S. J. George, Light induced in situ post-modification of clay-chromophore hybrids for multiple white light emissions, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 2748-2751
- A. Jain, A. Achari, N. Mothi, M. Eswaramoorthy and S. J. George, Shining the Light on Clay-Chromophore Hybrids: Layered Templates for Accelerated Ring Closure Photo-Oxidation, Chemical Science, 2015, 6, 6334-6340
- A. Jain and S. J. George, New Directions in Supramolecular Electronics, Materials Today, 2015, 18, 206-214