The Braunschweig group leverages organic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, and material science to address pressing medical, environmental, and electronic challenges.
Specific projects involve (1) the development of organic photovoltaics, (2) the preparation of synthetic carbohydrate receptors, and (3) 4D printing.
(1) Organic Electronic Materials and in particular organic photovoltaics (2) Glycobiology and the development of molecules that target cell-surface glycans (3) Organic surface chemistry, including methodology and development of instrumentation for 4D organic nanolithography
- X. Liu, C. Carbonell and A.B. Braunschweig, 4D Nanolithography Will Require Synergistic Advances in Surface Chemistry, Nanolithography, and Characterization, RSC Chemical Society Reviews, 2016, DOI: 10.1039/c6cs00349d,
- X. Liu, Y. Zheng, E. Khothari, S.R. Peurifoy, Y. Ji and A.B. Braunschweig, 4D Polymer Patterning Within a Massively Parallel Flow-Through Photochemical Reactor, Polymer Chemistry, 2016, 7, 3229 – 3235
- X. Han, S. Bian, Y. Liang, K.N. Houk, A.B. Braunschweig, Reactions in Elastomeric Nanoreactors Reveal the Role of Force on the Kinetics of the Huisgen Reaction on Surfaces, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136, 10553–10556
- D. Ley, C.X. Guzman, K.H. Adolfsson, A.M. Scott, A.B. Braunschweig, Emergent Charge Transfer in Cooperatively Assembling Donor-Acceptor Superstructures, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136, 7809 – 7812
- S. Bian, A.M. Scott, Y. Cao, Y. Liang, S. Osuna, K.N. Houk, A.B. Braunschweig, Covalently Patterned Graphene Surfaces by a Force Accelerated Diels-Alder Reaction, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135, 9240 – 9243
- 2016 - Current : Associate Professor, Nanoscience Initiative, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, NY
- 2016 - Current : Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Hunter College, NY
- 2013 - 2016 : Assistant Professor of Chemistry, University of Miami, FL
- 2010 - 2012 : Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and The Molecular Design Institute, New York University (NYU), NY
- 2007 - 2010 : NIH NRSA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Cancer Nanotechnology, Northwestern University, IL
- 2006 - 2007 : Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Isreal
- 2001 - 2006 : Graduate Student, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), CA