Become a Nano Facility User
The Nanoscience Facilities at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (CUNY ASRC) are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. The Facilities staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with Facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research. Please finish the following steps to become a user of the CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Facilities.
- Read and sign CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities User Agreement. Turn in a signed copy to Celeste Ayala at email@example.com or in person at ASRC room G.344.
- Read and sign:
- Fill out the CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities New User Form online. Information needed:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
- PI must fill in and sign CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities Account Registration and Agreement.Turn in a signed copy to Celeste Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at ASRC room G.344. A full list of instrument rates can be found here.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account.
- Note: This step may be omitted if Users already have Badger accounts.
- User must complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class.
- Note: This step may be omitted if users have completed general lab safety training at your respective institutes and are able to provide written proofs from the institutions.
- Next class is offered Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, at the CUNY ASRC First Floor Seminar Room.
- Schedule individual equipment training with Facility staff.
ID Cards: After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for a ID making session. Sessions are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11AM and 3PM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend. Online registration can be found here: ID Sign-Up.
Note: A $15 one time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.
Imaging Suite Forms