Become a Nano Facility User
The Nanoscience Facilities at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (CUNY ASRC) are open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. The Facilities staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to communicate with Facility staff frequently during the initial phases of their research. Please finish the following steps to become a user of the CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Facilities.
- Read and sign CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities User Agreement. Turn in a signed copy to Celeste Ayala at email@example.com or in person at ASRC room G.344.
- Read and sign:
- Fill out the CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities New User Form online. Information needed:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and account information
- Emergency contact information
- PI must fill in and sign CUNY ASRC Nanoscience Initiative Facilities Account Registration and Agreement.Turn in a signed copy to Celeste Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at ASRC room G.344.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account.
- Note: This step may be omitted if Users already have Badger accounts.
- User must complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class.
- Note: This step may be omitted if users have completed general lab safety training at your respective institutes and are able to provide written proofs from the institutions.
- Please visit our events listings for the next General Lab Safety Class offering.
- Schedule individual equipment training with Facility staff.
ID Cards: After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for a ID making session. Sessions for the NanoFabrication Facility, Nanoscience Initiative, Imaging Suite and Surface Science Suite are held on Mondays at 11AM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend and have been cleared through CUNY’s compliance check.
ID Card Steps:
- Email Celeste Ayala (email@example.com) a picture of yourself against a white background and a 4-digit code to be linked with your card.
- Check the status of your compliance check here.
- Register for a session here: ID Sign-Up.
- On the day of the badge session, gather at the waiting area near the bottom of the stairs on the ground floor of the ASRC.
Note: A $15 one time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.
Imaging Suite Forms